St. Andrew’s Episcopal School was founded in 1951 in order to provide exceptional educational opportunities within a Christian environment.
In its first year, the School was comprised of a Kindergarten class meeting in the basement of St. Andrew’s Church. In subsequent years, the School grew to include Pre-K through elementary grades and beginning in 1963, the School began to add one grade each year. The first 8th Grade class graduated in 1990.
By the 1980’s enrollment at the School had grown so large that incremental space was needed to house elementary and upper grade students. Additional property was purchased for the construction of a new facility to incorporate classrooms for grades one through eight, in addition to a Library, a Gymnasium, a Computer Lab, a Cafeteria, and other special purpose rooms. The main building was completed in 1985, and the Margaret Teel Building opened in 1999.
In January of 2008, the School completed its most recent capital expansion which included the addition of more than 14,000 feet of educational space. The new facilities include a dedicated Middle School Library, Commons Area, and classroom space as well as areas for Visual Arts, Orchestra and Music, and a new Assembly Hall.
Today, St. Andrew's is a place where the dreams and visions set forth so many years ago come to life in the daily interactions of our students and teachers.